ManagementUX DesignUX ResearchFront-end development
RMIT Online is a business within RMIT University tasked with innovating on the education model, specifically with regards to bringing educational products (short courses, certificates and degrees) online.
I established multiple UX processes and feedback loops to help the course building and support teams learn from student and teacher feedback.
- I managed a product team of designers, learning designers, videographers, and developers.
- We delivered a rapid succession of projects in line with the company’s strategic goals, which requried a high level of project management and cross-functional collaboration.
- I developed DesignOps templates and processes around end of first run depth interviews, usability testing for learning activity design, led the design guild
- I developed a component-driven approach and refactor for the HTML/CSS front-end of online courses in the edX LMS, including moving their existing code to Sass and Git.
- I advised on and campaigned successfully for a platform migration and helping to develop resources and tools to increase engagement through a series of measurable Lean experiments.
- I increased their primary CX survey response rates through survey design improvements
- I developed a centralised feedback repository where insights from interviews, surveys and emails were collected, collated and labelled in a transparent way so teams could draw on them in their sprint planning or instantly solve problems as hotfixes.