LeadershipUX DesignUX ResearchProduct management
EstimateOne is Melbourna scale-up who make software for the construction industry with a focus on improving the tender and commissioning processes for the Australian commercial, civic and large-scale residential building industry.
I kickstarted a culture of design, research, testing and lean product development as acting head of design at EstimateOne.
- I worked closely with their head of product and product team leaders to engage in various qualitative research initiatives.
- I mentored their UI designer to develop his UX skills and take his designs to users as prototypes to get feedback through usability testing.
- I also helped the team build their understanding of UX methods and tools that they hadn't encountered before, including a whole-company deep dive into usability testing.
- I attended multiple company offsites and undertook leadership training with the team.
- I drove a research project to evaulate the feasibility of a new product line, central to the company’s growth strategy, in collaboration with product management built on various site visits and in-person interviews, which helped build critical understanding of the intended market they were hoping to serve which shaped the future of this product line.