Front-end developmentUX DesignUX Research
Clover was a seed-funded fin-tech startup run by two ex-investment bankers and backed by York Butter Factory. A small, flat, cross-functional team of very smart people building a clever product based on Nobel-prize winning algorithms (Modern Portfolio Theory) to build risk-appropriate investment portfolios for the underserved millenial market.
As UX Engineer I reported to the CTO as part of the product team, sitting across UX research, UX design and front-end development. The strategic goal was to find and solidify product-market fit.
- I refactored a huge amount of code into a robust React component system (deleting more code than I added!)
- Helped refine and improve the onboarding flow (through some deep and thorough user research and testing)
- I worked closely with the inspirational cross-functional team of experts to run an amazing Design Sprint (chatbots!)
- Conducted various rigorous and effective research and design projects around complex financial products and data visualisation.
- Increased their acquisition rate by around 40% through optimisation and UI/UX improvements
- I designed their dashboard and iOS app concepts.